Monday, July 7, 2008

Good Luck Exploring the Infinite Abyss......I'll miss you

Well, the day has come and gone. I knew it would happen, prayed that it wouldn't, and now it's over.

The most tenured disc in my disc golf bag is gone. My magic blue-gator disc has flown into the abyss never to return. It can no longer deliver me the beautiful sound of the chain of a disc golf basket; no longer be the reason for a "Gee whiz I can't believe I just made that shot" celebration dance; no loner bring me joy. Except in memory. I'll not forget you my friend, thanks for being so good to me. We both know the good shots were all you.

I saw it coming as I released. I had the wrong trajectory. I could only watch as it disappeared over the cedar trees and towards the lake......I ran like crazy trying to see where it would land, but it was just too far....it just kept going. Maybe some lucky disc golfer will someday find its resting place and dust off the old relic and understand just what they have found, but it is not likely. I imagine it flying, gliding, slaloming through the trees, cutting a path straight to that big disc golf basket in the sky......ready for that final, magical, collision with the chain.

I'll miss you my friend. Thanks for the memories.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic first post! Welcome to the blogosphere my friend. Take your shoes off and stay a while.

Darrell Barnes said...

Beautiful...just beautiful. That was very poetic my friend. I love you man. I will try to post more on my blog so that you will have something to read...later dawg.

Lauren said...

You crack me up! Thank you for that (overly dramatic) look into your life. :) Kidding.

PS Leonardo DiCaprio isn't gay.

Matthew Wakeland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew Wakeland said...

so sad... theres nothing like the love between a man and his favorite disc..

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s265/mattnmotion10/gator-1.jpg