Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sometimes it's really hard to be an optimist........

Traveling again
I know exactly how it's gonna end
The routine day dream starts as I get off

I'm holding up the queue
because my ticket won't go through
I know it should be simple but it's not

Something's gotta change
I know I'm lucky in a lot of ways
So why do I want more than what I have

Brace myself to hear the lies
I wonder if they know that I
Don't get the jokes but I just need to laugh

So don't take my photograph
Cause' I don't want to know how it looks to feel like this
As cars and people pass
It feels like standing still but I know
I'm just moving uncomfortably slow

Sometimes driving alone late at night a song hits you right where your at, it's hard to do anything but hit repeat until you have to go to sleep.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Well said.

I think I will be joining you guys next Monday night for Heath's birthday dinner. Kareah invited me over and said that you are a wonderful grillmaster. :)

Anonymous said...

you see...your sister knows you.

hugs,
kareah