Monday, October 13, 2008

Gas prices down, bonus chicken on the rise

Some days I feel like I should have just stayed in bed. Not today.....

Today on my way to work I stopped in for gas and filled up........$56 bucks ladies and gentlemen.....$56 bucks.

I rolled out of that gas station feeling pretty good about the day, but little did I know.

Next stop......chick-fil-a.

"I'll have a #1 Chicken biscuit meal with coffee please."

Sweet Chick-fil-a lady, " Thank you, pay at the second window"

I drive through, pay, and get my chicken biscuit, "hashbrowns", and coffee.

But what do you think happened when I opened my "hashbrowns".....oh yeah, that's right......not hashbrowns, but chicken nuggets.....that's right.....bonus chicken nuggets. What a trade up. I mean, don't get me wrong, who doesn't like hashbrowns, but chicken nuggets is definately an upgrade.

So my day has gone, now I'm sitting in the help room and almost no one is here, so I got out my computer and I'm typing up a blog for the first time in a long time.

Who knows. Maybe I'll be home soon.

Maybe I should have gotten up earlier to soak in more of this glorious day.

1 comment:

Darrell Barnes said...

Bonus chicken is never bad. In the words of a wise man, "Why did the chicken cross the road? Why to feed your belly at Chick-fil-a of course." We all know that the chicken is the most caring of all animals. They would give up their lives in order to give you some extra chicken nuggets. Carry on sir.