Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Strange how a few little things can make a place feel more like home

Heath and I found an apartment here in Houston that leases month to month and moved in the day before yesterday. It was really nice to begin with, but pretty empty. Just two air mattresses and some office equipment in a 3 bed 2 bath apartment.

Yesterday we bought some towels, rugs, dishes, groceries and other things and spent last night getting everything set up. Don't get me wrong, it is still far from full with no TV, furniture, etc., but this morning I ate some healthy cereal (instead of fast food or donuts), made a lunch (instead of eating chinese, burgers, or pizza for lunch/dinner), used some new toothpaste, new soap, stepped out of the shower onto my new rugs, and put on my new jacket. It just feels better.

They're just things, but what a difference it makes when you feel like you've got somewhere that is yours to go back to at night.

Also, I've been revisiting Dave Matthews band's album Crash. Folks....I've missed it. Two Step, Crash into me, Let you down, Cry Freedom, Say goodbye, Proudest Monkey, and so much more.

And tomorrow say goodbye.........

1 comment:

Parke said...

Wow, you're in Houston? I wish I had known it it. I was down there Monday and Tuesday all day. Hope you're doing well.